Lowland Leader Training
The leadership opportunities for Lowland Leaders are varied and far reaching, from the South West Coast Path to the Great Glen Way; walking in lowland areas can be no less spectacular than walking high up in the mountains. We feel that North Wales is an ideal location for Lowland Leader courses, with its stunning coastal paths and array of inland tracks with stunning mountainous scenery.
What is covered on a Lowland Leader Course?
This is a practical two day course. A summary of aspects covered is listed below. To support the practical elements there are also some indoor learning sessions.
• Leadership skills and group management.
• Walking skills.
• Planning a walk.
• Basic map work and route finding skills.
• Hazards and Emergency procedures.
• Environmental awareness, conservation, access and land ownership.
For more details about the Lowland Leader scheme please visit the Mountain Training website.
24th 25th November
Before you book onto a Lowland Leader training course, make sure you have done the following:
• You must be registered on the scheme
• You must have recorded a minimum of 10 varied walks in Lowland terrain where the use of a map is required (ideally these will be recorded on DLOG) which can have taken place at any point (pre or post-registration).
Please contact Freedom Outdoors for more information on our Lowland Leader Training, or to discuss your requirements and make a booking.